Who are we?
The Charleville/Sedan en Ardenne Tourist Office was created in November 2015 from the merger of 3 associative Tourist Offices: the Sedan and Sedan Country Tourist Office, the Charleville-Mézières and Region Tourist Office and the Pays des Sources au Val de Bar Tourist Office. This association is governed by the French law of 1901.
It operates mainly in the Ardenne Métropole Conurbation, which includes some sixty communes.
Our reception offices
The Charleville/Sedan en Ardenne Tourist Office now has two public reception points:
- one is located in the heart of Charleville at 24, place Ducale
- the other is located in Sedan 15, place d'Armes
Each of these reception points offers visitors a reception area accessible to all, with access for people with reduced mobility.
The shop offers related products, a bookshop and local produce, in partnership with local producers and craftsmen.
The Charleville/Sedan en Ardenne Tourist Office is an association under the law of 1901:
- Welcome: receive and advise visitors, providing them with local, departmental or regional documentation on free display.
Provide information over the counter and on the telephone, and respond by email, post and via social networks.
- Promote: promote Ardenne Métropole.
- Federate: federate local tourism players.
- Marketing tourism products.
- Develop the tourist offer in partnership with neighbouring areas.
Sell items in the shop that reflect the image and values of our region.
Our welcome mission
We have a passion for hospitality and want each of our visitors to be welcomed personally with efficiency and professionalism.
The Office de Tourisme de Charleville/Sedan en Ardenne undertakes to:
- Offer you an excellent reception service
- Maintain a clean premises that is comfortable and friendly with the essential local information readily available ; if this is not the case let us know and we will endeavour to find a solution and solve your problems.
- Professionalism: Our reception staff undergo continuous training so as to always be able to offer a quality listening service and to give you the most appropriate answer.
- Guarantee of accessibility: Reception, website and documents are available in various languages and our reception area is accessible to persons with reduced mobility.
- To help you to personalise your stay: we are committed to providing you with individual care and attention to address each visitors needs, from providing basic information to allowing a ‘turnkey’ stay,
- We are committed to meeting your expectations with precise and reliable service.
- A variety of regularly updated activities are always offered by the reception with a smile.
- We can always propose an alternative solution in the unlikely case of a cancellation of an event and/or form of entertainment.
- We commit to being attentive to your inquiry until you are satisfied with a solution.
- Thanks to regular satisfaction studies and in order to continue to improve our service, the office is always open to feedback and suggestions from our clientele which are always taken seriously.
The Tourist Office, association law 1901, places great importance on the relationship with its members, who are also the providers that we recommend to you. This familiarity with the local industry makes it possible to maintain constant vigilance on the services we recommend. We are also committed to do everything in our power to ensure that your stay with us is a success!
Tourist Office classified as Category 1
The Charleville/Sedan tourist office in the Ardennes is a Category 1 tourist office (December 2020), for a period of five years. Of the 3,600 tourist offices and tourist information centres in France, 64 belong to this category.
The classification is a mark of recognition, guaranteeing consistency and uniformity in the services offered by tourist offices throughout France's holiday destinations: to provide you with an ever-better welcome, advice and satisfaction.
The Charleville Sedan en Ardenne Tourist Office, classified in category I, is a member of the Offices de Tourisme de France network.
We are committed to :
- Providing you with an easily accessible reception and information area.
- Make it easy for you to get around.
- Providing you with furniture to sit on.
- Providing you with free information on the local tourist offer.
- Display and publicise our opening times in at least two foreign languages.
- Provide free Wi-Fi access.
- Be open at least 240 days a year, Saturdays and Sundays included, during tourist or entertainment periods.
- Answer your letters all year round.
- Provide a permanent reception service staffed by people who speak at least two foreign languages.
- To provide tourist maps, plans and tourist guides on paper.
- Give you access to our dedicated trilingual website, adapted for consultation via on-board media.
- Distribute our tourist information on paper, translated into at least two foreign languages, relating to :
- all classified tourist accommodation, including at least the name of the establishment, postal address, e-mail address, website address, telephone number and classification level;
- cultural, natural or leisure monuments and tourist sites, which may include an indication of the prices charged, the periods and times when they are open to the public, the website address and telephone and postal contact details;
- events and activities;
- emergency telephone numbers.
- Update our tourist information annually.
- Display emergency telephone numbers outside.
- Present the full range of qualified services available in our area for all types of clientele.
- Provide you with access to classified accommodation availability.
- Handle your complaints and measure your satisfaction.
- Respect a quality approach.
- Offer a tourist information service incorporating new information and communication technologies (social networks, mobile telephony, geolocation, etc.).
- Provide you with a holiday advisor.
- Guarantee the reliability and up-to-dateness of information on the local tourist offer.