The cemetery is accessible free of charge during opening hours: From March 1 to November 1 from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. (vehicle access allowed until 5 p.m.) From November 2 to February 29 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Along the central aisle of the first square on the left, six rows before the bottom of the square, stands the tomb of Louis Busson, director of the Sedan gas plant shot by the Germans on July 13, 1916 for espionage. The Kommandantur had the cemetery closed for several days after his burial to prevent the Sedans from coming to meditate en masse on his burial.
The Saint-Charles cemetery also has a large military square from the Great War where 1,489 bodies are buried: French soldiers and civilian victims "Morts pour la France", Belgian civilian victims "Morts pour la Patrie", British soldiers as well as Russian and Romanian soldiers who died in captivity. To bury them, the German army had already had to extend the Saint-Charles cemetery to the rear when space was lacking, but the military square as we see it today was laid out by France after the conflict. The German monument also recalls that soldiers from the other camp were buried in the same communal cemetery. By the different nationalities present, it is a place of shared memory.
Above the military square, on the left, there are also several rows of graves of Dead soldiers for France, erected by families.
The Saint-Charles cemetery also includes, here and there, other graves of soldiers who died for France, graves of civilian victims, veterans, and witnesses to the Great War.
In the Jewish square located below the main cemetery, stands a monument in memory of the victims of the Second World War.