Visible from the outside only.
Château de la Villette was rebuilt in the second half of the 16th century following damage caused by Charles V's army in 1552.
Cardinal Mazarin stayed here in 1651 during the Fronde. After belonging to the Duchy of Rethel and then to Marguerite de Belaux, in 1767 the castle became the property of Jean-Franis Maucomble, councillor and secretary to the King and Lord of Glaire.
Situated on the banks of the Meuse, this Renaissance defensive castle has been transformed over time into a château de plaisance with formal gardens.
Château de Villette and its gardens are listed in the Supplementary Inventory of Historic Monuments.